knitting in the round
- In this class you will learn how to master techniques to knit “in the round” using circular needles. Techniques include: creating an invisible join, using more than one color and knitting jog-less stripes.
- advanced beginner/intermediate: long-tail cast on, knitting on circular needles, k, p, k2tog, knitting from 2 different balls of yarn
Materials to bring:
- 1 straight needle, 1 to 2 sizes larger than circular needles
- 16 inch circular needles: size to work with chosen yarns
- two different solid colored yarns:
- DK weight – approximately 175 yards
- or worsted weight yarns – approximately 200 yards
- stitch markers
- stitch counter
- Students should use the straight needle and the long-tail cast on to cast on:
- 72 stitches for DK weight yarn
- 80 stitches for worsted weight yarn.
- $25.00 –hat pattern and written hand out for knitting techniques